Strength training is key to sculpting gorgeous, lean muscles and majorly boosting your metabolism for long-lasting results. We’re here to show you that amazing results don’t require a ton of equipment or a weight room — all you need is a pair of dumbbells. Today, we’re sharing five dumbbell moves you haven’t tried before.
This quick routine works the entire body. Grab a pair of five to 10-pound dumbbells and let’s do this. Go through the following circuit three times.
1. Single Leg Deadlift & Row:
Tone Your Booty, Back and Core
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides and palms facing in.
- Shift your weight to your left foot, knee slightly bent, and lift your right foot a couple of inches off the ground.
- With a flat back, hinge at the hips as you lower your torso toward the ground.
- Reach the dumbbells toward your feet as your right leg extends straight behind you.
- Maintaining your balance, row the dumbbells up to your chest, elbows wide.
- Lower the dumbbells and engage your booty and core as you come up to standing position.
- Do 15 reps on each side.
2. Plie Squat & Pulse:
Tone Your Inner Thighs and Booty
- Begin by holding a dumbbell in each hand at chest height while standing with feet slightly wider than hip-width apart and toes turned out.
- Keeping your spine long and chest upright, lower straight down until your thighs are as parallel to the ground as possible.
- Pulse upward two inches, then downward two inches before driving through your heels to come back to standing.
- Do 15 reps.
3. Woman Makers:
Sculpt Your Total Body and Rev Your Metabolism
- Stand with feet hip-width apart and a dumbbell in each hand.
- Drop down into a plank position by planting the dumbbells on the ground, palms facing each other, then hopping your legs out behind you.
- With your core engaged and hips square to the ground, row the right dumbbell up to chest height, keeping your elbow tucked closely to your torso.
- Bring the right dumbbell back to the ground, then repeat on the left side.
- Hop both legs back toward your hands and come to standing.
- Repeat for 15 reps.
4. Side Plank & Oblique Twist:
Tone Your Obliques and Shoulders
- Start in a side plank position with your right forearm planted firmly on the ground and your left hand holding a dumbbell on the ground in front of you.
- For extra stability, you can stagger your legs by placing your top foot in front of the bottom.
- Engaging your core and keeping the dumbbell as close to your body as possible, raise your left arm straight overhead.
- With control, lower the dumbbell back down and twist directly under your torso.
- Return back to starting position.
- Do 15 reps on each side.
5. Bridge Dips:
Sculpt Your Booty and Entire Core
- Begin laying on your back with legs bent, feet flat on the ground and a dumbbell in each hand, resting on your hips.
- Engaging your glutes and core, lift your hips off the ground until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Slowly lower back down. Do 15 reps.